Saturday, March 5, 2011

Voices in my Head

I've finally under taken writing my first play. This has been a project I've been trying to start for over a year and just having a terrible time adjusting out of the story format into play format.

Issues like how to introduce emotion or inner thoughts between characters or creating a mood soley through dialogue, but I had a huge epiphany the other day after a rather intense emotional night with my Sir and the play just came together in my minds eye and away I went with writing it. I've had some formating help from a couple of dear people in my life too.

I'm super exicted about this piece of writing. I'm shooting for a ten minute play give or take some pacing.

here is a bit of teaser dialogue to wet your interest.

Knight “You pushed her too hard.”

Imp “No I didn’t.”

Knight “Yes you did, look at her. She’s curled into a little ball and shaking. You pushed her too hard.”

Imp “No I pushed her just right. She needed this.”

Knight “She needed this or you needed this? You twisted fuck. She’s completely curled in on herself.”

Imp “She needed this.”

Knight “Keep saying that asshole, maybe it will be true. You better hope you didn’t push her too far and break her.”

Imp “I didn’t push her too far, she’s strong. She’s not going to break, not this easily, not this soon. Besides she’s crying that’s good. She’s still emotionally here and she needed this. She needed to be pushed past her self control.”

Knight “You mean you needed to push her. I think you just wanted to find out what lay beneath her polished well mannered composure. You selfish ass, you better hope she’s as strong as you think she is.”

Imp “That too.”

Knight “You’re getting off on this aren’t you, you sadistic bastard.”

Imp “and if I am? What of it.”

Knight “You’re sick, you know that right. How can you look at that poor sweet girl and be getting off on it. You’ve terrorized her. For what? So you could get your rocks off?”

Imp “She’s so open and raw, how can I not respond to that. You’re telling me you don’t want to fuck her like that all tear stained and vulnerable?

Knight “Not like that no.”

Imp “No? Liar, you’re just as turned on by that as I am. The only difference is that you want to rush in there and make it all better, make her turn to you for comfort and safety.”

Knight “And you don’t? You did this to her, you telling me you don’t want to make it better?”

Imp “You mean we did this to her, I didn’t notice you stopping me so who’s the sick fuck now?”

Knight “Fine we did this to her, I’m just as much to blame as you are. What now?

Imp “I want to root around inside this dark place with her and pluck the strings to see how beautiful she’ll sing for me. So yeah I’m a twisted bastard alright.”

Knight “You don’t sound all that repentant, you sound more like you can’t wait to dive inside her and swim around.”

Imp “there’s that too.”

Knight “There’s a special place in hell for people like you, you know.”

Imp “If I believed in hell, I’m sure your right.”

No comments:

Post a Comment